Please note: for this position we're open to full-time or part-time work arrangements (freelance is also possible)
Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable from the beginning. This enabled us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want and become the person you want to be. That's why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you're free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company's annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Support for your growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we'll cover the costs – up to €2,500 per year.
Your role and responsibilities
As our Online Piano Course Creator, you own the ongoing development of our course section, which is a major part of our app. You’ll work at the intersection of education, UX design, and digital content creation to develop interactive courses that delight millions of piano players. You’ll bring in ideas for new content, write video scripts and manage the process from idea to final content release.
Here’s a detailed description of your tasks along the course creation journey:
- Generate ideas for new course content based on user research, data analytics, and your own insights.
- Write down and present your ideas to other team members. Together we decide which idea to implement.
- Write the rough content outline. For certain topics, you can also bring in external expertise during this phase.
- Constantly seek feedback from other team members or users to ensure that your content outline is headed in the right direction.
- When the content outline is finished, write a rough video script. Then work together with our Copywriters and Video Producers to fine-tune the script.
- Work together with the Song Content Team to create exercises and songs you’d like to include in the course.
- During the following content production phase, ensure steady progress of the project and efficient cross-team communication.
- When the content is ready, implement it into our app and prepare the release together with our Product and Development Team.
- Regularly conduct user research and UX tests to find ideas for new content or improvements to existing content.
We’re looking for a great piano teacher who sees the transformational power of new technologies and wants to work in a team to build the future of music education. As our ideal candidate you would meet the following requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of music theory
- Piano teaching experience
- Strong creative writing skills
- Digital native / tech savvy
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Native English or German speaker
- Bonus points: experience in developing online educational video or audio content
How to apply
Please click on Apply to Position to send us your cover letter, CV, and your portfolio/work samples through the application form. We look forward to meeting you!