Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable from the beginning. This enabled us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want and become the person you want to be. That's why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you're free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company's annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Support for your growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we'll cover the costs – up to €2,500 per year.
Your role and responsibilities
As our Talent Acquisition Specialist (20 to 30 h per week), you manage the entire recruiting process, which is crucial for our further growth. You’ll be part of the People Operations Team and work closely with the team leads and founders to find the right candidates for flowkey. You’ll bring in new ideas on how to constantly optimize our recruiting process and help us to bring our employer branding to the next level.
Here’s a detailed description of your tasks:
- Create job descriptions together with the hiring managers
- Find suitable candidates by active sourcing and on job fairs / university visits
- Screen the candidates who apply in our application tracking system
- Create shortlists and recommend candidates to the hiring managers
- Arrange interviews along the entire recruitment process
- Advise the hiring managers on interviewing, hiring, and candidate evaluation
- Support in making the formal job offer
- Deliver an outstanding candidate experience throughout the process
- Constantly improve and optimize our recruitment process
- Manage your own projects in the areas of employer branding, job fairs / university visits, etc.
We are looking for a self-organized and open-minded personality who is always informed about current recruiting trends and motivated to help us build the future of music education. As our ideal candidate you would meet the following requirements:
- Min. 2 years of recruitment experience, ideally in a dynamic startup environment
- A solid understanding of current employment laws and the ability to learn and follow new developments
- Routine in active sourcing and networking
- An open, positive personality with a degree of empathy
- A growth mindset - you are willing to learn quickly and push things forward
- A proactive and independent way of working
- Very good writing and verbal communication skills in English and German
- First experiences with employer branding is a plus
How to apply
Please click on “Apply To Position” to send us your cover letter and CV through the application form. We look forward to meeting you!