Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable from the beginning. This enabled us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want and become the person you want to be. That's why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you're free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company's annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Support for your growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we'll cover the costs – up to €2,500 per year.
Your role and responsibilities
As our Creative Copywriter you will be working with our founders and the in-house Creative Team to shape and define the voice of flowkey. You will be responsible for a consistent and compelling copy along the entire user journey. This includes our advertising, website and app store presence, product experience, as well as communication via email, push and in-app notifications. In your everyday work you will collaborate with multiple teams from marketing to product development.
Among your tasks are:
- Define content strategy and brand voice together with the founders
- Write beautiful copy for our ongoing newsletters, offers and product updates
- Create a new messaging concept that motivates users to stay engaged with flowkey
- Coordinate with freelancers to create new content for our website
- Quality control all product and marketing copy in English
- Coordinate translations for our product and website
- Train relevant teams in copywriting skills
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, preferably at agencies, online publishers, or consumer software / app companies
- Experience in collaborating with other writers or content creators
- Native English speaker & proficiency in at least one foreign language (preferably German, Chinese, Japanese or French)
- Experience of working with tools for online content management, messaging, or translation management
- Knowledge of a Web CMS (Wordpress, Drupal, Prismic etc.) & a marketing/ communication tool (Braze, Active Campaign, Hubspot, Mailchimp etc.)
- Impressive portfolio/work samples
- Passion for music and UX
How to apply
Please click on Apply to Position to send us your cover letter, CV and your portfolio/work samples through the application form. We look forward to meeting you!