Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable right from the start. This allowed us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want to; to become the person you want to be. That's why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you're free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company's annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Financial support for learning and growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we'll cover the costs of up to €2,500 per year.
Your role and responsibilities
Your role is laser-focused on bridging the gap between UI/UX design and software engineering. You are a generalist with all the necessary design, technical, and communication skills to take ownership over product strategy projects and to collaborate with our engineering team to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. To that end, you will be able to create working digital prototypes not only in the design tool but also in code.
At flowkey, you will:
- Research, design, and guide the creation process for new product features
- Take ownership over cross-team design and development projects
- Identify customer needs and growth opportunities via research and qualitative interviews
- Turn design concepts into high fidelity prototypes for feasibility testing
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects while planning and communicating between teams
- Create and define responsive design components in design tools and in code while respecting localisation and accessibility needs
- Experience in digital design including UI design, and a solid understanding of UX principles for consumer products
- Knowledge of best practices for implementing digital user interfaces
- Strong visual understanding and an eye for detail & aesthetics
- Technical understanding and experience with front end development
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience with UI Frameworks (e.g. React, UIKit) is a plus
How to apply
Please click on “Apply To Position” to send us your cover letter, CV and your portfolio/work samples through the application form. We look forward to meeting you!